FOCUS missions are designed to be effective on two fronts: we provide aid to those in most need around the world and aim at building up the faith of those who volunteer as student missionaries.
While we send college students to 28 missions currently, the immediate need exists for us to send students on over 90 mission trips! Unfortunately, we simply don’t yet have those resources.
That’s where we urgently need your help. Would you pray with us that we can keep up with the demands of this incredible mission? We could easily send double or triple the number of students to the mission field, but our team needs more resources to send more staff and student missionaries to serve.
If God touches the hearts of hundreds of people like you to provide support for existing ministries, building supplies, office resources, and trip subsidies, we could triple the number of poor served through FOCUS students around the world. That means FOCUS has the ability to reach 50,000 to 100,000 of the world’s poor in the near future. But we must hear from you today!
Here are just a few examples:
- El Salvador - In past trips we built churches for people celebrating Holy Mass in a garage shelter with hundreds of worshipers overflowing in the streets!
- Haiti - The Missionaries of Charity in Delmas, a neighborhood of Port-au-Prince, have an orphanage that houses the starving children of the area. Other projects include assisting the homeless and the poor.
- India - Imagine walking in the footsteps of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, working with orphans, feeding the hungry, and serving the dying. FOCUS teams work with the Missionaries of Charity in this country.
- Alaska - FOCUS missionaries evangelize “the last frontier,” while serving the needs of the desperately poor native Alaskan residents.
- Peru - FOCUS missionaries head up evangelization teams, leading daily youth catechesis where there is a tremendous lack of regular availability of the Sacraments and Catholic religious education. We also work in a children’s home where disabled and abandoned children from all over Peru are brought for medical care.
- And so many more areas of need around the world!