We’re excited to announce that we now have a presence at colleges in 31 states (including the District of Columbia) this year, with 15 new campuses and a ‘Digital Campus,’ bringing the total number of campuses now served by FOCUS to 74.
We’ve grown from two part-time missionaries serving a single campus in Atchison, Kan. to the 361 full-time missionaries on our 74 campuses this fall, with an average growth rate of 25 percent each year since our founding in 1998. Since that time, we’ve seen 384 of our alumni (299 men, 84 women) enter into religious life with 41 men and nine women making such a commitment in 2012 alone.
“Either the best days of our nation are ahead of us or behind us,” said Curtis Martin, president of FOCUS. “We believe that the key to building a better future lies with the young leaders on campus. Our goal is to inspire thousands upon thousands of men and women who, ten years from now, 20 years from now, 30 years from now, will be in positions of influence—such that they will transform our culture.”
Each year, our missionaries are sent to college campuses at the invitation of the local bishop and with the support of the local Catholic campus ministry.
In addition to the 73 teams who will work on physical campuses this year, FOCUS has added a “Digital Campus” where a team of four—based at our national office—will offer missionary support to campuses that don’t yet have a physical FOCUS presence.
The new campuses to be served by FOCUS beginning this Fall, are:
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Farleigh Dickinson University, Madison, N.J.
- Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville, Ohio
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
- Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill.
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
- University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Va.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Okla.
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, Wis.
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
- Digital Campus, FOCUS National Office, Genesee, Colo.
To see a full list of our 74 campuses, click here.