Guess what, K-State Wildcats? FOCUS is coming to the Little Apple!
This month, FOCUS is delighted to announce that the apostolate will be serving on 15 new campuses for the next academic year. In 2017 – 2018, more than 660 FOCUS missionaries will serve college students on 137 campuses.
Along with Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, teams of FOCUS missionaries will also go to Iowa State University, Indiana University, the University of Rochester — and even the alma mater of FOCUS Founder Curtis Martin: Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
In addition to our domestic campuses, FOCUS will continue to explore international locations as well. Following the first successful year of FOCUS’ two-year pilot program on campuses in Austria — the University of Austria and the University of Graz — FOCUS will also start a pilot program in the U.K. at Southampton University in Southampton, England.
While the new list of FOCUS campuses is cause for excitement, the heart and impetus behind FOCUS hasn’t changed since the apostolate was just on one campus, namely Benedictine College. It’s the people, not the numbers, which spurs FOCUS’ mission across the country and beyond — and while FOCUS seeks to make disciples of all nations, the process for campus expansions is always a thoroughly explored and prayerfully considered enterprise. FOCUS sends a missionary team to a campus only if the bishop of the diocese has given approval and if the campus chaplain and campus ministry has expressed support.
Here is a full list of our new FOCUS campuses:
- Bowling Green University — Bowling Green, Ohio
- Iowa State University — Ames, Iowa
- Indiana University — Bloomington, Ind.
- Kansas State University — Manhattan, Kan.
- Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge — Baton Rouge, La.
- Slippery Rock University — Slippery Rock, Pa.
- University of Nebraska at Kearney — Kearney, Neb.
- University of Rochester — Rochester, N.Y.
- University of Southern Mississippi — Hattiesburg, Miss.
- University of Toledo — Toledo, Ohio
- Valparaiso University — Valparaiso, Ind.
- Western Kentucky University — Bowling Green, Ky.
- Western Michigan University — Kalamazoo, Mich.
- West Chester University — West Chester, Pa.
- Southampton University