This page is your one-stop shop for all sponsor information as you prepare to join us at conference. If you have any questions please email us at [email protected].
Each 10’ x 10’ booth will be set with a 8' backwall drape‚ 3' sidewall drape, (1) 6’ x 30” black skirted table, (2) chairs, (1) wastebasket and an organization I.D. sign. Your exhibit cannot exceed 10’ high.
Please ensure your exhibit does not exceed the 10' x 10' booth space due to fire safety and traffic flow.
The exhibiting company offers additional furniture options to make your space more unique.
Those options will have an applicable charge.
Deadlines & Refund Policy
- October 18: Online Sponsorship Registrations confirmed.
- November 1: Submission of all benefit items (e.g. logos, mobile app components).
- December 20: Add or remove attendees: All attendees confirmed in the online sponsorship registration.
The following is the refund schedule for sponsorships:
- August 31: 100% refund of deposit before this date.
- September 1: November 30: 50% refund of deposit before this date.
- October 1: Registration and deposit deadline.
- After November 30: Loss of full registration cost. No refunds after this point.
Check-in, Move Out, & Welcome Brunch
Required Items to Submit
You will receive information from your FOCUS sponsorship contact regarding your sponsorship items and process for submission.
Vendors / Marketplace
To book your hotel room at the Sponsorship rate: details coming.
Hotels near the convention center: interactive map with options.
For driving directions: click here.
You are welcome to book any accommodations of your choice. You are not required to stay in FOCUS selected hotels.
Shipping / Electricity / Wi-Fi Options for Your Booth
Depending on what you bring to conference and how you desire to set up your sponsorship space, there may be additional items which you may require. The conference venue will have services for sale, including electricity, Wi-Fi and audio/video that will enable you to get the most out of your sponsorship space. There are applicable rates for these services.
Details coming. There will most likely be a charge for WiFi usage.
If you will be shipping anything to the convention center, you MUST ship to our exhibiting company. You can ship to our exhibiting company through your provider (FedEx, UPS, etc.), but the exhibiting company will do all the handling to the convention center. There are applicable rates for this service.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you keep your tracking number, number of boxes and short description.
More details coming soon.
Photo Scavenger Hunt
There will be a photo scavenger hunt through the mobile app provided by FOCUS. FOCUS will promote the scavenger
hunt to attendees to help drive traffic to your booth. You’re encouraged to utilize the scavenger hunt; you can do this by engaging attendees who come to the booth for the scavenger hunt by having them participate in your raffle (if you choose to provide one). No action is needed pre-conference. Instructions will be provided onsite.
Schedule & Venue
SLS20 will be hosted at the Phoenix Convention Center located on
100 N 3rd St
, in Phoenix, AZ.
For driving directions, click here.
Best Times to Be at Your Booth
Lunch & Sponsor Expo
Dinner & Sponsor Expo
After the Keynote / Sponsor Expo
Most college students are not up in the morning. They only get up early for coffee! Plan to be at your booth later in the evening rather than earlier in the morning.
First Time Sponsors
We're excited to have you join us! As first time sponsors of our conference, here are a few helpful tips:
Meals & Food
Food at the conference: Lunch is provided with your registration. Breakfast and dinner are on your own.
Due to exclusivity agreements, if you order from any of these options, we ask that it is for individuals of five or less. If you want to order food or beverage for a group or attendees at your booth, please contact [email protected], attn: Tori Green.
Other food options:
- Delivery: Doordash, GrubHub, Postmates, or EatStreet
- Restaurants: Local favorites organized by price, OpenTable (use the convention center's address to search), Arizona Tourism
- Downtown Directory with food and activities
Over the past few years, we have learned that the most successful sponsors are those who proactively engage attendees. Taking this information, we have put together a guide of best practices to help you make the most of your sponsorship!
Looking to maximize your sponsorship? As an Equipped Sponsor you get access to a digital guide: Making the Most of SLS20 - presented in collaboration with FOCUS and 86 Creative.
What do you want to accomplish as a sponsor?
- Once you’ve established your goals, you can begin to come up with some creative ideas
- Most of our sponsors have one of the following goals:
- Gather contact information
- Sell products
- Have conversations and make connections with attendees
If you want to gather contact information:
- Have an award or incentive for getting that information
- i.e. signing up for a raffle
- Have some fun props that attendees can take a picture of/with and then email that picture to the attendee after the conference
If you want to sell products:
- Display your products on and behind your booth
- Tell students as they walk by that they would look great in your apparel
- Ask them if they’ve ever heard of anything you are selling
If you want to have a presence at SLS20, have conversations with attendees and make connections:
- If you’re a religious sponsor, consider bringing a “How would you look in a habit/vestment” photo booth cut-out so students can take photos of themselves in it!
- Fun props
- Interactive games
Other ways to generate traffic flow:
- Stand in front of your table – don’t just sit behind it
- Actively engage anyone who walks by
- Make eye contact
- Talk to them – do something fun!
- "Do you want to sign up for a raffle?"
- "Have you ever heard of the _________?"
- Hand them an iPad with an interactive app or something that they can’t walk away with
- Have students stop by your booth during a certain time to get a free giveaway
- If there is enough buzz and excitement surrounding your booth, people will come and find you
Remember, approximately 75% of attendees are college students, so you should engage them like college students!
- College students have late hours
- They don’t want to be marketed to
- They want an experience
- They love free stuff and food
- They will rarely initiate a conversation with sponsors
- Make yourself interesting and relevant to them!
- Be casual. Anything too formal could make you seem unapproachable to students
- Things to catch the eye:
- Matching outfits
- Interesting booth set up
- Something fun!
What to bring for your booths:
- Laptop for video
- Monitor, etc.
- Business cards
- Signup sheets
- Raffle prizes (If you plan on doing one)
- Flair to help your booth look more appealing to attendees
Lead Generation Scanning Device
Use a handheld device to scan attendees' name tag to collect contact information and other demographic data for your organization to keep. You'll receive post-event reporting with the collected information. (No need for pen and paper!)
You can purchase this device during registration or you can contact [email protected]
Here is an example of what you'll see:
Map of Phoenix Convention Center:
Sponsors will be located in the lower level exhibition halls.
SLS20 Interactive Sponsor Map/Floorplan: visit this link for additional details and a closer look at each section of the convention center.
FOCUS faithfully adheres to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. We strive to create a faith-filled, orthodox environment for conference attendees.
For this reason, FOCUS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse applications, pull or close any exhibits or events that frustrate its mission or contradict the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church as outlined in the following profession of faith:
With firm faith I believe and profess each and everything that is contained in the Symbol of faith, namely:
I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
With firm faith, I also believe everything contained in the word of God, whether written or handed down in Tradition, which the Church, either by a solemn judgment or by the ordinary and universal Magisterium, sets forth to be believed as divinely revealed.
I also firmly accept and hold each and everything definitively proposed by the Church regarding teaching on faith and morals.
Moreover, I adhere with religious submission of will and
intellect to the teachings which either the Roman Pontiff or the College of
Bishops enunciate when they exercise their authentic Magisterium, even if they
do not intend to proclaim these teachings by a definitive act.
SLS20 Website: www.sls20.org
Sneak peek at SLS: watch here
Exploring Phoenix: www.visitphoenix.com
Don't see an answer to your question?